Location: San Diego, CA
Working in our new San Diego facility, the candidate will be responsible for lab management, purchasing, and international logistics. This is a great opportunity for an individual that has worked in scientific research and enjoys the business and operations side as well. The position will report to the Director of Human Resources with oversight by the VP, Finance.
Why Join Us?
F1 Oncology is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to bringing to market CAR-T therapies for the treatment of cancer. Founded in 2015, the company has rapidly built its core technologies and a growing global presence with operations in China (Shanghai and Shenzhen), Grand Cayman, and across the US, with sites in West Palm Beach and San Diego.
This is a full-time position working with a great team and with excellent benefits including company sponsored medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays and time off, and a 401K match.
Some of the responsibilities:
Purchasing responsibilities include:
- Placement of purchase orders consisting of lab materials, scientific equipment, office supplies & services for our San Diego facility
- Completing purchase requisitions, receiving appropriate approvals & obtaining quotes when needed
- Monitoring costs and scheduling material for delivery to meet requester’s needs.
- Identifying and qualifying new vendors, maintaining good relationships with supply vendors, negotiating the best prices for supplies and addressing any issues with orders
Lab Management responsibilities include:
- Monitoring laboratory systems, maintenance and modifications, requesting quotes and securing vendors for equipment maintenance
- Performing daily walkthroughs of the space to ensure all premises are fully functional and consistent with company needs and aesthetics
- Managing compound and laboratory inventories (chemical and consumables) and ensures adequate supply
- Overseeing storage and distribution of lab supplies
- Track facility permits and liaise with occupational health and safety provider to promote a safe work environment.
In addition, logistics and facilities will be part of your job:
- Managing logistics including US and international product packaging and shipment, and material movements
- As required, uses temperature-controlled containers and specific couriers for shipment types
- Serves as the liaison with the building landlord
We are looking for candidates with this background and education:
- BS in life science discipline
- 3+ years laboratory management experience
- 2+ years’ experience in a purchasing function
- 2+ years’ experience in international logistics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with ordering scientific supplies and working with supply inventories
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
To apply or obtain additional information, contact: email@example.com