Associate Director, Bioinformatics
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Working in our new West Palm Beach facility, the candidate will lead a team responsible for pipeline development and data analysis of high throughput NGS driven candidate screens combined with high complexity in silico genetic designs to build the next generation of CAR-T therapies for solid tumors. This is a great opportunity for an individual with experience in the design, development, and implementation of a bioinformatics department at a life sciences company with significant research computing capability and applied knowledge in the field of immunology and oncology.
Why Join Us?
F1 Oncology is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to bringing to market CAR-T therapies for the treatment of cancer. Founded in 2015, the company has rapidly built its core technologies and a growing global presence with operations in China (Shanghai and Shenzhen), Grand Cayman, and across the US, with sites in West Palm Beach and San Diego.
This is a full-time position working with a great team and with excellent benefits including company sponsored medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays and time off, and a 401K match.
Some of the responsibilities:
- Oversees the computational infrastructure for global discovery that collaborates from target identification through lead optimization on novel adoptive cellular therapy product candidates
- Working with the LIMS and IT department, designs new pipelines and maintain applications systems for the management and analysis of big data
- Develops novel informatics tools and utilizes emerging web technologies for cloud based computational processing of high throughput molecular screens
- Manages a nimble bioinformatics team that monitors data science and analytics for screens run in Asia and San Diego
- Researches, develops, and utilizes algorithms and tools for bioinformatics data analysis in the context of immune-oncology biotherapeutics development
- Maintains up to date knowledge of genomics data analysis tools pathways and techniques
- Collaborates with other departments to drive solutions for high dimensional data analysis
We are looking for candidates with this background and education:
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, engineering, statistics, physics, molecular biology, genetics, or a similar discipline and 5 to 7 years related experience
- Strong background in data analysis and biological interpretation in immunology and oncology
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive team, scientists, biostatisticians and computational scientists
- Proficiency using R and Bioconductor packages and Python
- Working knowledge of commercial and publicly available biological databases
- Fluency in clinical oncology experiments and data analysis
- Experience working with data from clinical trials
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
To apply or obtain additional information, contact: email@example.com